Monday, August 23, 2010

Learning, Working, Living

It has been quite a while since I wrote on my blog, a lot of different activities have gone on this summer that have kept me away from the blogging world. As an update, we've officially finished the centralnewburgh.com page and have started to work with new clients this summer. Isn't it sad that summer is almost gone? Summer is too short, but that is just the way it is up north.

On to other things...

I have found that there is a trend lately of people wanting more things that are "out of the box." With the Web 2.0 era, things started to get really boxy, bloggy and clean; it was a good step away from the busy, symmetry-less, full of crazy flying objects in old websites (example). Well, now things are starting to get back around and I've been challenged lately to get away from the simple, boxy and bloggy type way of doing websites.

I found an interesting link in Noupe (Love them!) and would like to share it with you guys. This tutorial type blog is a little more in the creative side, which is what sticks closest to my heart as a designer.


My favorite solution out of them all is the one above. What if instead of a box, the tob and bottom corner were curved? That is a pretty popular solution for a non-boxy box. Unfortunately, most of these are still pretty boxy, but I guess it is all about dressing them up and making the whole look and feel have some depth. Another list that I enjoyed getting inspired with was the Smashing Magazine article on Bizarre Websites On Which You Can Kill Time With Style.

Anyway, take a look at the link and get inspired.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment