Sunday, April 4, 2010

An ordinary day...

Today I spent sometime with friends outside the hudson river and shared some good conversations. The weather was nice and it actually was okay to just wear a t-shirt. (hah)

When we turned around the corner to stop by a bench next to the river, I noticed that there was a restaurant and I recognized their logo. I thought to myself, "Hey! There it is! I designed their logo!" I almost wanted to jump out of my casket. I was extremely happy to see how well the logo worked out for their restaurant and how cool it looked on their entrance. I am so happy to have been able to better their website and logo and actually see it from out of the monitor!


Unfortunately, the web doesnt really allow you to see your work displayed or actually experience it in an ordinary day, like walking down a street, at least from my point of view.



There is also a dentistry called "Gentle Dentistry" that I have yet to check out and see how their logo looks on their office. I also designed their logo and website and will probably end up doing my regular dentist visits with them! I make sure I bring my camera. :-D



Design makes the world much easier for people. It clarifies things, but it also makes things harder for people. Thats why it's important to put ourselves in the shoes of the clients and the consumers. Sometimes that is such a hard task! I will try everyday to understand more and more the human interaction, after all, that is the whole reason for doing what we do, that is to serve as a connection for better understanding of a certain product.

No comments:

Post a Comment